Thursday, February 10, 2011

More than Inspiration

So it's been a rough year. I'm sure it has for a lot of people out there and I'm trying to find solace in the fact that really, if you think about it, there is way more good in the world than there is bad. We just really like to talk about the bad. A lot. So I've decided that I'm going to try not to do that anymore. Please notice that I said "try".

I've also nearly overdosed on self pity parties. I've thrown enough for myself to last a lifetime, so, yeah...only the regular kind of party from here on out...preferably the kind with a theme or a party hat.

I'd like to be like Stephanie Nielson of Nie Nie Dialogues. I started reading her blog before her plane crash and fell in love with her and her family. I kept up on her through her sister's blog and shed tears when new posts began appearing on her page, right from the source. She is such a creative and whimsical mom and I imagine her home to be like a trip to munchkin land, you know, pre wicked witch of the west-era. If you have a moment, give it a read. There are no words for the bravery, passion and optimism that saturates every sentence. Prepare to be inspired.

Love
Jes

No comments: