Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dear Old Golden Rule Days

My apple sweater is back in action after a summer off. I can barely keep my eyes open, but thought it necessary to take a moment to jot down a bit because today was full of so many unexpected moments.

First, the expected:
My alarm went off at 5am and I don't think I ever actually fell asleep, I experienced waves of nervousness that shot through my fingers throughout the morning, None of the computers worked and it was pure bedlam. I smiled through it, Not every student thought that I was as hilarious as I think I am. Lucky I was there to laugh at my jokes.

And the unexpected:
While we realize that we are not alone as teachers and think that we will have EACHOTHER to lean on throughout the day/week/month/year, we forget that sometimes the best support is made up of students who truly care about us. Old students came to visit throughout the day, some more than once, just to say hi. One burst into class and told everyone not to mess with me. My heart swelled. My whole being smiled.

Sometimes when we feel as if we're drowning, we reach up to find unexpected hands pulling us up. That's really something.

To the Unexpected, With Love,
Jes

No comments: