Saturday, September 11, 2010

Local Legends

(Forgive me for the terrible photography) My family has a running joke about me and olives. Dan told them once that the reason he goes grocery shopping instead of me is because I'll spend $30 on olives. (To this day, I get a card from my grandmother on my birthday with some cash and a note that says" buy yourself some olives".) I'm not sure where he got his data, for I have never spent $30 on olives before, but he is right that they will always make their way into my grocery cart in all of their salty deliciousness. I'm afraid grocery store olive fare is small potatoes, however, when compared to that of Millville, NJ's reigning pickle kings. I picked up my $7 jar (yes, it was Zumba class or olives and I chose olives) of Duker T's cheese stuffed olives at the Collingswood Farmers Market this morning and I felt no guilt. After all, they're only available 6 months out of the year, so it is only wise to get 'em while they're hot. They're sortof what dreams are made of. I also picked up some of their famous pickled tomatoes just because I deserve it.
Don't worry, Danimal. I also got some produce, which included this one very alien sweet potato that, for all I know is trying to phone home, and a head of romaine the size of Pete (tragically, not pictured).

Man, I love this town,
Jes

No comments: